Connecting to MAC Network Drives & Printers
Network Drive Instructions
- Click on “Go” and choose “Connect to Server”.
- Under the Server Address: box, type in the location of the drives.
- After each drive, click the “+” sign to add the drive to your Favorite Servers.
- Here is the list of drives -
- U: Drive –smb://jc-fs2.jc.edu/home/username (use your username instead of “username”)
- W: Drive –smb://jc-fs2.jc.edu/web/username
- L: Drive –smb://jc-fs2.jc.edu/lab
- H: Drive -smb://jc-fs2.jc.edu/homework
- T: Drive -smb://jc-fs2.jc.edu/temp
- P: Drive -smb://jc-fs2.jc.edu/public
- After they are all added to your Favorite Servers, click on any one of them and click “Connect".
- It will prompt you for your username and password.
- Type in your JC username and password and check the box to save this information to the keychain.
- The drives are now added and you are authenticated. From now on, you should be able to just lick on “Go” and choose “Connect to Server”, choose the drive you want, and click “Connect”.
If you have problems connecting to a drive, please fill out a Helpdesk Trouble Ticket and we will assist you as soon as possible.
- Obtain the printer name. This is usually located on the printer itself. It will be something like HP_SE4, HP_KR3, etc… There is also a list on the JC website.
- Click the Apple and choose “System Preferences”.
- Click the “+” to add a new printer.
- Towards the top of the Add Printer window, click the “Windows” tab. (It may take up to 5 minutes to generate the list.)
- When the list does come up, click “jc” and allow it to generate the next list.
- On the middle list, scroll down and select ”jc-fs2”. It should prompt you for your credentials.
- Type in your JC username and password and check the box to remember these in the keychain.
- Find and select the name of the printer that you found in step 1.
- Now, towards the bottom of the windows, drop down the menu for “Print Using:” and choose “Select Printer Software…”
- For all dorm printers, choose “HP LaserJet 4200 Series” and click “OK”.
- Click “Add” and then “Continue”. The printer should now be added, but you will need to give your credentials again in a different manner.
- Open up any document that can be printed.
- Print the document to the new printer. It should again as you for your credentials, however this time, for the username type “jc\” before your username. For example Paul Smith would type “jc\psmith”.
- Then type in your password and check the box to remember in the keychain.
- You should now be able to print to your new printer.
If you have problems connecting to a printer, please submit a Helpdesk Trouble Ticket and we will assist you as soon as possible.