Information About A New Organization Request
Applications for new organizations are accepted throughout the school year. All new organizations must submit a New Student Organization Request Form.
Before you start, be sure that you have the following information:
- The names and emails of your four officers: generally a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Preferably, interest from 10 other potential members.
- The name and email address of one Jamestown College faculty or staff advisor who agreed to work with your organization.
- A statement of purpose or a description of your group.
- A set of by-laws with rules and policies to govern your organization. A template is available if you need help.
Benefits of registering your organization:
- Use of Jamestown College identification in association with the name of your organization
- Use of College facilities for programs and meetings for no charge
- Inclusion in College calendars and listings, and dissemination of your organization’s publicity and information on campus
- Consultation and advice from Student Activities staff, including program resource information and services
- Opportunity to request funding from the Student Senate Organizational Fund
- Permission to sponsor fundraising efforts on campus