Jamestown College welcomes transfer students to our campus. We think that you will find that this is truly a special place with a unique educational experience we call the Journey to Success. We are here to help you through your college journey. As a transfer student, you may qualify for academic scholarships as well as other merit aid, your admissions counselor will guide you through the process. Courses from other accredited colleges or universities generally transfer as long as they are college level courses and you received a minimum grade of C-. Review our transfer guides to determine which courses may transfer to Jamestown College or contact our registrar or transfer specialist who are happy to review your transcript to determine if your credits will transfer.
At Jamestown College, every application is reviewed and considered individually. General transfer student admission standards for students that have completed one year of undergraduate study are:
- A minimum college GPA of 2.00 on a 4.00 scale
- If you have not completed one year of undergraduate study, high school records will be required and considered in the transfer admissions process.
- You must be in good standing with the institution from which you are transferring.
If you do not meet these admission requirements, you may be considered for conditional admission. If accepted as a conditional admit, you may be limited in the number of credits you are allowed to take your first semester.
The Transfer Student Admission Process
To begin your Journey to Success at Jamestown College, just follow these easy steps:
- Complete an Application for Admission - if you prefer to complete a paper application instead of using the online application, you may print the application or use one previously provided and mail it along with a $35 application fee to:
- Submit your college (and high school if required) transcript(s) to the above address or fax it to 701-253-4318.
- Submit an academic reference. The online form should be completed by an instructor or school administrator.
- Have a Transfer Recommendation Form completed. It can be submitted via fax or postal mail.
- As soon as your admission file is complete, we will make an admission decision and determine any academic scholarships for which you may qualify. Your admission counselor will be in communications with you throughout this process and is happy to answer any questions you may have.